We will be renewing the road markings along the southbound carriageway, and resurfacing a section of the southbound carriageway between Gore Hill and East Ilsley, to ensure the network remains in a safe and serviceable condition.
Start date: Friday 7 October 2016*
Duration: Five nights (Monday to Friday only)
Hours of work: Between 9pm to 6am
*Please be aware that these works have been carefully programmed but are subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances
In order to carry out the work as efficiently and safely as possible, we’ll need to fully close the A34 southbound from the Milton Interchange to Chieveley (confirmed dates for the closures will be displayed in advance on black and yellow signs along the A34).
During the closures the following clearly signed diversions will be in place:
· Non-motorway traffic – diversion via Wantage, Hungerford and Speen
· Motorway traffic under 7.5 tonnes – diversion via Wantage, A338 and M4 junction 14
· Motorway traffic over 7.5 tonnes – diversion via M40, A404 and M4 junction 8/9
We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused during the works. If you have any questions or if you’d like you know about the work please contact Highways England’s customer control centre:
· 0300 123 5000
· @HighwaysSEAST (there are eight feeds with live traffic information provided by region. For the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter)
· Highways England, Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ