Six planning application’s were tabled for consideration:
- Erection of single storey rear extension from south east side of kitchen and alongside south west wall of utility room. Remove utility room window from south west rear aspects to south east (side) aspect.
- Equine exercise and training area (Menage).
- Two storey rear extension and detached garage.
- Conversion of garage attic space to additional bedroom.
- Demolition of existing dilapidated utility room and erection of replacement single storey kitchen extension with utility room and WC. Additional access with 3m wide bi-fold doors to the rear elevation of the extension and porched side entrance to the east elevation.
- Removal of existing UPVC conservatory and replace with a single storey garden room.
Consideration was given to Oare Pond and the ongoing maintenance and additional works required to improve and enhance Oare Pond area for the community and the wildlife to enjoy. A site meeting in June was agreed to consider options.
Speed Awareness and Road Safety Working Group
Minutes from the Speed Awareness and Road Safety Working Group Meeting were presented. It is proposed and agreed that the Parish will affect a Speeding Awareness campaign during a 3 day period during June/July 2015. Any volunteers in Chieveley, Curridge and Oare who wish to be part of the Speed Awareness and Road Safety Working Group are more than welcome. Please contact AssistantClerkChieveley.PC@outlook.com.
Emergency Plan 2015
The Parish Council reviewed the Draft Emergency Plan. This will be concluded and published in July 2015.
Spotlight… M4 Roadworks
M4 Junction 13 essential bridge maintenance work commenced on 8th May and will continue over various weekends through to August. Sections of Junction 13 will be closed for selected weekends from 9pm Friday to 5.30am Monday with clearly signed diversions in place. Details of closures and diversion routes are available from www.highways.gov.uk/m4chieveley or contact Highways England Customer contact Centre
0300 123 5000.
Have you considered seeking co-option as a Local Chieveley Ward Parish Councillor
Serving as a Councillor on behalf of your Parish can be both rewarding and give a sense of achievement. If you feel you have some spare time and wish to serve your community the councillor role may be a good opportunity to achieve that. In particular the Parish Council seeks expertise in social media. Some eligibility criteria may apply.
FAQ…of the month…. Question – How do I know a planning application will be considered by the Parish Council.
Answer – Planning applications that will be considered at forthcoming Parish Council Meetings will be included on a planning schedule and displayed in the Parish Council notice board 3 clear working days before the meeting along with the Agenda. At the meeting the Parish Council as one of the consultees in the planning process, will provide either a no objection or an objection decision and provide local information needed to be considered by the Planning Officer. The feedback is returned to West Berkshire Council, the local planning authority.
Next Meeting...The next Parish Council meeting will take place on Tuesday 14th July 2015, at Curridge W I Hall, Curridge, Berkshire RG18 9DZ.