Nine planning applications were tabled for consideration including of note:
- One for the proposed part conversion of garage and two storey extension to link with existing workshop space with home office and storage.
- One for a proposed vocational skills building.
- One for the demolition of bungalow and garage and construction of replacement dwelling.
- One for a section 73 variation of condition (1) Duration of development of planning permission.
- One for the proposed side and rear extensions with alterations to raise the roof to accommodate loft conversion with front and rear dormers.
- One for a S73 variation of condition 4 temporary permission (extraction period) of approved application10/01234/MINMAJ – Eastern extension of mineral workings.
- One for the demolition of existing dilapidated and disused warehouse unit and construction of a new warehouse of 6000 sq ft with ancillary office of 2000 sq ft over two floors.
Gill Comley, Village Agent Project Coordinator and Mary Leslie Smith (Chieveley & Curridge Village Agent) attended the meeting to present the services and role of village agents and how they support people to stay in their homes and within their communities for as long as possible. A monthly drop in session is being planned at the Downland Surgery by the Village Agent and information about Village Agents will be in the Parish Magazine and on the www.mychieveley.co.uk website.
Housing Site Allocations Development Plan Document (HSA DPD). To receive an update on the publication of the West Berkshire council second draft HSA DPD for consultation.
The revised draft will be considered by West Berkshire Council on 5 November 2015. If approved a second consultation will commence.
M4, Junction 13 Pedestrian and Cyclist Safety using Designated Route around Roundabout Pedestrian and cyclists have found it dangerous to negotiate the roundabout safely and reported it to Highways England. A pedestrian crossing unit was found to be faulty and replaced Invitation to cross the slip roads gives a 5 second window to do so.
Arlington Road Junction Vegetation and Curridge Road Damaged Railings
Reported vegetation has been cleared at Arlington Road and West Berkshire Council Highways have been asked to give an update on progress to repair the damaged railings in Curridge Road near Sandy Lane.
Complaints about the amount of dog mess on surrounding countryside rights of way, particularly Bardown area, have been received. Please can dog owners be good enough to clear up after your dog. The Dog Warden has been asked to visit Chieveley. If the Dog Warden sees a dog fouling on a public right of way a penalty notice may be issued
Superfast Broadband Update
P12 Cabinet Hermitage Exchange has been updated and details of the postcodes that have been affected now available on the village website. This may affect some properties in Curridge.
Have you considered seeking co-option as a Local Chieveley Ward Parish Councillor
The Parish Council is anxious to progress co-options to fill the two Chieveley Ward vacancies still available. Serving as a Councillor on behalf of your Parish can be both rewarding and give a sense of achievement. In particular the Parish Council seeks expertise in social media.
FAQ…of the month…. Question – When does the Parish Council Meet?
Answer - The Parish Council meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month with the exception of August.
Next Meeting... Date of the next meeting
Next Parish Council meeting on 10 November 2015 at Curridge W I Hall, Curridge, Berkshire RG18 9DZ starting at 7.30pm